Achieve. Evolve. Lead. At Mariner’s inception, there was only one goal. The co-founders simply wanted to build a company they could be proud of while always putting the client first. It is on this foundation each company within the Mariner family is built. As a rapidly growing financial services firm, every action and every decision starts and ends with what is best for our clients.
Mariner Holdings is looking for a Senior Trade Associate for its Overland Park office. This is a mid-level position on a trading/investment team that is growing quickly, giving associates significant opportunity for growth. People that are successful in this role have high expectations for themselves, the ability to adapt to change, excellent customer service skills, a strong sense of urgency, and are excited to learn new software.
• Responsible for trade execution and oversight as requested by advisors with focus on accuracy and timeliness. This does not involve decision making on trades, but rather simply executing a high volume of trades as requested.
• Complete cross checks around trading as needed and recommend improvements to current processes. Ensure that all trading team processes are up to date and being run as often as required.
• Collaborate with team and other cross-functional areas on projects ranging from software discovery/implementation, onboarding of new firms to current trading systems and processes, improvement of current processes utilizing available technology, etc.
• Build solid relationships with wealth advisory teams and other departments within Mariner including investments, compliance, etc.
• Manage and prioritize multiple time sensitive tasks.
• Setup and maintain/trade asset allocation models in trading system(s).
• Review and update trading system settings to ensure trading efficiency and accuracy.
• Assist in implementation of latest technology/software.
• Other projects, as needed.
• Strong attention to detail, time-management, and organization skills
• Customer service skills
• Aptitude for technology, ability to embrace change, and a strong desire to learn
• Sound decision-making abilities
• Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication, and phone skills
• Experience with various trading systems (Orion, Moxy, Tamarac, etc.)
• Proficiency in Excel (including VBA), a plus
• Management experience, a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, IT or other related business major required
• Minimum 3 years Trading or Operations experience preferred
We welcome your interest in being a part of the Mariner team. We offer our associates an innovative and challenging place to work with camaraderie and teamwork. We are a growth-oriented, entrepreneurial culture that respects people and values talent, experience and ambition.